So, you’ve all used Amazon before, right? You’ve bought DVDs on there. You might have bought a camera. You’ve definitely bought books (hey, maybe you bought MY book on Amazon). But had you thought about buying your shoes there too? No? Thought not. I was recently asked by Amazon to pick my favourite 8 flat shoes currently available on their website, and it turns out there are TONNES on offer. I figured I should probably share this information with you lovely lot, so here are my top reasons why you should try Amazon next time you’re thinking of buying a pair of shoes.
1. There are some great trainers brands available. Some of my favourites! You’ll find classic Mexico ’66 trainers from Onitsuka Tiger, everyday sneakers from Superga and Converse, and fashion slip-ons from Vans.
2. The prices are great. As with everything on Amazon, you’re likely to find what you’re looking for at a fraction of the price you might find it elsewhere. A pair of Havaiana flip-flops could set you back as little as 99p!
3. It’s particularly well stocked with sandals at the moment. As well as Havaianas, they’ve got Birkenstocks, Fit Flops and this season’s hot brand, Teva.
4. You’ll find a good selection of fashion shoes, from fisherman’s sandals by Hudson to the Isabel Marant-style pool slides that were so popular by Dune last summer.
5. It’s super convenient. As someone who has used Amazon a lot to buy all the other stuff for my life, I know I can rely on it to deliver really quickly, when it says it will. I recently ordered some trainers from another online retailer and they were left out in the open on my doorstep (even though they said they’d been left somewhere secure) so I’m keen on using people I trust from now on!
For my top picks of what’s available on Amazon right now, click here.